Multiplying the kingdom through Church Planting Missions
“Look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.” John 4:35 (NIV)
Is God calling you to plant a church?
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few.” Luke 10:2 (NIV)
- Are you sensing God’s call upon your life to plant a church?
- Are there life examples of where God has answered prayers with regards to church planting?
- Are there specific scriptural passages where God has spoken to you confirming a call to church planting?
- Have other believers and family members confirmed this direction for your life?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, it is possible that God is calling you!
Are you preparing to plant a church?
“Ask the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest field.” Luke 10:2b (NIV)
- Whether you are considering church planting or are starting a plant, the Church Planting Partnership of the Birmingham Baptist Association can provide you the resource necessary to insure success in your journey.
The Partnership will:
- Equip you for service through training that will enable you to develop your full potential as a Church Planter;
- Aide you to identify established churches who will partner with your church planting efforts to give oversight and management that will aid the congregation in the formative years of development;
- Inspire you through a wealth of knowledge of the most current research and practical methods available in the field of Church Planting.
Are you currently planting a church?
“Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.” Mark 16:15 (NIV)
- The Partnership is a relationship that exists between local churches of the Birmingham Baptist Association, Church Planters, Alabama State Convention, and other agencies of the Southern Baptist Convention.
The Partnership can:
- Encourage you through a network of local Church Planters whose common experiences and knowledge will become an invaluable resource in your journey;
- Supply you with financial assistance to help in sustaining the congregation’s operation needs through the formative years of the church’s development;
- Research and develop the use of ministry evangelism strategies that aid in the planting of your congregation.
Why Church Planting?
- 44% of the population of Jefferson County is unchurched.
- 64% of all growth occurring among existing congregations of the Birmingham Baptist Association is transfer growth.
- Research studies reveal that new churches are much more effective to reaching the unsaved than established churches.
- Church Planting is our best strategy!
For more information, contact:
Dr. Sammy Campbell
750 Montclair Road
Birmingham, Alabama 35213