The Church Planting Partnership: Multiplying the kingdom through Church Planting Missions
“Look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.” John 4:35 (NIV)
Why must we plant churches?
The vision of the Alabama State Board of Missions is for every unchurched person in Alabama to have the opportunity to hear and respond to the Gospel and be discipled through the starting of culturally relevant congregations.
Birmingham Baptist Association has captured the essence of the vision in the bold mission emphasis that encourages churches of the association to pursue missions together that build the kingdom of God in the region of Birmingham and beyond. This new mission emphasis encourages partnerships among churches of the association to live-out the local missions’ mandates of Acts 1:8 through church planting missions.
Why Church Planting?
- 44% of the population of Jefferson County is unchurched.
- 64% of all growth occurring among existing congregations of the Birmingham Baptist Association is transfer growth.
- Research studies reveal that new churches are much more effective to reaching the unsaved than established churches.
- Church Planting is our best strategy!
The strategy for planting churches
Birmingham Baptist Association will equip partner churches to prepare, plant, and grow 10-15 culturally relevant congregations by 2020.
To accomplish this goal, the Partnership will:
- Plant churches that will intentionally reach unchurched and unsaved people in the designated outreach communities.
- Establish partnerships among existing church who will give oversight and management to aid new congregations in their formative years of development.
- Develop and perfect the use of ministry evangelism strategies that aid in the planting of new congregations and that provide suitable alternatives for the revitalization of congregations in transitioning communities.
How you can answer the call?
Your church can participate in the planting of new congregations by:
- Praying for Church Planting and Revitalization Missions.
- Sponsoring a church plant and/or revitalization effort as your local missions’ ministry project.
- Partnering with the BBA and ALSBOM to distribute funding support to the church planting efforts.
- Mobilizing your membership to send out workers to provide operational support and encouragement in the formative years of the new congregation’s development.
- Giving financially to support your sponsored church planting missions’ efforts.
The Partnership provides the confident assurance that our collective efforts will harvest personal spiritual growth among those to be served and will stain God’s presence in their communities through the planting of culturally relevant congregations and the revitalization of churches in transitioning communities.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Sammy Campbell
750 Monclair Road
Birmingham, Alabama 35213
Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions Links (ALSBOM)
North American Mission Board Church Planting Links (NAMB)